What is the best book?

09-07-2012 18:49
What is the best book you have red?

For me it's Ken Folletts "Pillars of the earth" and Margit Sandemos "Legend of the Ice People"

Pillars of the Earth
The central plot element of The Pillars of the Earth is the construction of a new cathedral in the fictional English town of Kingsbridge during the 12th century. But the story is really about the conflicts between the people building the cathedral and those who want to destroy it.

It is the early 12th century and England is about to erupt into civil war. The new prior of the monastery at Kingsbridge is determined to rebuild the current run down cathedral into one that will glorify God. He finds a young master builder who shares his vision of building the most beautiful cathedral in England.

Unfortunately, the local bishop is a power hungry man with other plans. He works to disrupt the prior's efforts at every turn. His frequent ally in this is a cruel and vengeful earl consumed by his own greed.
If you like reading book I can really recomend this one.

The Legend of the Ice People
47-volume story of a family bloodline. Its not a fantasy serie like Lord of the Rings, these books are based in historical facts, mostly occurring in Scandinavia, but the fantastic is never far off. The books became one of the best-selling series in Scandinavia, with more than 25 million copies sold. They have been published in at least Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic, Finnish, German, Polish, Russian, Hungarian and most recently English.

The first book in the Legend of Ice People called Spellbound begins in Trondheim, Norway in A.D 1581, with the story of Silje Arngrimsdaugther, and how she comes into contact with the Ice People, a community of outcasts living in an isolated valley. From there on it follows the Ice People through the centuries, with members of the clan migrating from Norway to Denmark and Sweden. Other members of the clan wind up in or visit various corners of Europe and Asia over the course of the series.

The Ice People are cursed with a terrible forefather, Tengel the Evil, who as a old legend tells walked out into the wasteland to sell his soul to the Devil. He became the first ancestor of the Ice People.
Tengel was promised power and riches and in exchange one of his descendants in every generation would serve the Devil and commit evil acts. Their mark would be the cat-yellow eyes and they would have some magic powers. And some day a person with the greatest supernatural powers ever seen would be born.
The curse would not be lifted until the place where Tengel had buried the kettle, in which he had prepared the witches' brew that summoned the Devil, was found.
That is what the legend says.
I can also recommend these books, they have everything great books should contain; tension, violence, love, hate.

Are you interested in making money? In that case, I think you should visit this site.
05-01-2013 04:38
I also like this book. My favorite is Tolstoy books
05-01-2013 16:42
I've heard about this book and I plan to read it.
The best book I read was "The Lord of the Rings". Many people know this book thanks to the movie, which is also great. By the way, "The Hobbit" is the background to "The Lord of the Rings",
and it's highly recommended for everyone!
Rephael - Get-Paid's Moderator.
--------------------------------------------
Click Here get redirected to our new FAQ's forum.
06-01-2013 16:27
Anyone interested in philosophy? Read Sofie's World! :)

Read a lot of Dutch literature, don't think you guys are interested in that, haha!
Need personal help? Send me a private message!
07-01-2013 10:56
Ken follett
03-05-2016 15:58
With me, the best book I ever read is the HOLY BIBLE
04-05-2016 15:37
I tend to like suspense books
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.-Theodore Roosevelt
07-05-2016 11:47
A Song of Ice and Fire
na
08-05-2016 15:06
rich dad, poor dad
mmo, seo
08-05-2016 17:38
This forum is for you to introduce yourself to others.
Total Posts: 19