Google & Your Blog (Pass or Fail)

18-02-2012 18:29
I have been using my "Google webmaster" tools and a few other "tools" to do some personal research about my blogs/sites.

Been trying to figure out (basically) whether a blog/website with lots of pages with "short postings" does better on search engines than a blog with few postings but more content on each posting.

Now according to my "stats" if I was to compare two established blogs of mine (treated the same way SEO wise..same start date, same backlinks, same bookmarking sites etc) to each other..

(Blog 1) A blog with lots of pages and content, updated quite regularly but with less than 200 "words" (so far, I have written about 120 words in this thread)

(Blog 2) A blog with less pages (than blog 1) but more content, updated quite less regularly but with more than 350 "words" to a posting..

I came to one conclusion...The length of my content on my blog/website does matter to Google (and the other players in the Search engine game)!

Why does it matter ?

Simple answer based on a fact about "Google" (Google measures time between searches), and my "click through rates" (basic time spent on my site by visitors).

Because Google does "look" at how long people stick on my site and short clicks (visits) means (to Google) it was a bad experience for the visitor (remember that a visitor is also a Google's customer too). With a short click my visitors usually go right back to Google and kept on searching for the same keyword.

When a "short visit" happens..it means that Google has "failed them".
While a long clicks (visit) happens it means the visitor didn't come right back to do another search for the information that they were looking for and Google did the right thing and made them happy.

So my sites with more content per posting in the long term will do better than my sites that have less content (but more pages).

The shorter the visits..the more that I have to work (SEO) to get search engine traffic while the longer the visits..the less that I have to work to get search engine traffic!

Okay...There is one IMPORTANT thing that I wanted to share...

Keep your blog postings readable by writing content for visitors not search engines. Save the short postings for Twitter and Facebook!

Google's looking for long clicks. Try not to forget that.

I wish everybody a good luck & Keep up the good work :)
18-02-2012 19:12
lol what's this XD
For any doubts or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

• -GPChatDexter@yahoo.com

• -Username: ChatDexter

Get-Paid Moderator
18-02-2012 19:41
ChatDexterlol what's this XD

Those are few SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tips for bloggers :)
18-02-2012 19:43
SSRGetPaidThose are few SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tips for bloggers :)
Ahh cool ;) good job man
For any doubts or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

• -GPChatDexter@yahoo.com

• -Username: ChatDexter

Get-Paid Moderator
Total Posts: 4