Moderator etiquette

23-10-2011 17:34
Dear Get-Paid moderators,

One of my reasons for asking for a moderator forum (haha, love me ;p) was making some rules for moderators. Professionality is very important to leave a good impression on our members. If you stick to these rules, people are way more likely to come back.

Number 1: Double responses
I've seen it a lot, a moderator responds and a different moderator gives the same response in other words. Unneccesary and very inprofessional.
Adding extra information is okay, but don't include information that has already been given.

Number 2: Leaving payment proofs
Moderators should nót, not éver, leave payment proofs. Would you believe this site is legit if most of the payment proofs are submitted by moderators?
What you can do is - ofcourse - congratulate players who have been paid. It makes them feel welcome.

Number 3: Close your messages
Just a name is enough. You could include "sincerely", "regards" or anything around that, but it shouldn't be mandatory, since an Get-Paid has always profiled itself as informal.

Number 4: Don't create or allow double topics
It's a problem that has been around since the new design. A lot of new topics about it are opening. Multiple topics about the same topic will push other topics away and could harm the activity of the forum this way. This also means moderators creating a double topic is absolutely NOT DONE!

Number 5: Quick response
Always try to give members an answer to their question as soon as possible. Don't skip topics and answer them later. New members that are having trouble will not come back if they don't know how the site works. Not responding soon enough will in time cut a lot of revenues for Get-Paid.

Number 6: Try to give an answer
Try to answer a question as good as you can and do not tell them to wait for someone else, as has been happening lately.

Number 7: Keep topics on-topic
If users go off-topic, please correct them. Topics should stay on the topic, other subjects should be opened in a different topic.

Any more ideas for rules to improve our forums?
Leave 'em here! :)

Regards,

Jonathan
Need personal help? Send me a private message!
23-10-2011 18:08
Yeah as the number 5 says: Quick Response...

Im trying to answer them (even its not the answer for example : please wait to the admin etc...)
So people think that we response them quickly and they will be atended.

"Regards..." XD
For any doubts or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

• -GPChatDexter@yahoo.com

• -Username: ChatDexter

Get-Paid Moderator
23-10-2011 18:13
"Regards,

Your name"
:P
As you might already have read in the other, you should not do that, haha. Just try to give an answer. :)
Most questions are the same. How about updating the FAQ for actual frequently asked questions? Like "my offer has a click here status behind it, what can I do?" :)
Ah, number 6, Try to gave an answer and number 7, keep topics on-topic. (Haha, what I didn't do in this message :dp)

Jonathan
23-10-2011 18:50
Idk if you saw in the support section,I created a "Answer for some common questions"... But everyone is still asking the same questions!

Regards

Get-Paid Moderator
23-10-2011 21:57
Hmm... How could we advertise this in a way that most users will read it?
24-10-2011 05:47
We can post it in the front page,before they log in,in the "wait to be redirected"

Get-Paid Moderator
24-10-2011 07:36
Very useful, I will make this one sticky now as well as my own welcome topic.
If you have questions related to our site please use our SUPPORT FORUM. If you want to see our latest updates please visit our ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM. It's as easy as that.

Regards,

Get-Paid.com Admin
24-10-2011 14:25
Well, I actually agree to most of these rules :D nice.

Of course there are some I will not most likely even try to adjust to my posts. As closing the message. o_o True, it makes the stuff seem more professional but if you forget to add the "regards" in the end of your post even couple of times it just makes you look a lot more like a douche.

Then again It doesn't even fit my writing style - Profit.

Sincerely,

your very own entertainer.
24-10-2011 17:39
Sincerely or regards is your own choise :) Just add the name & you'll be fine, haha.

Jonathan
24-10-2011 19:10
Also, I find, giving a short and precise answer is in most cases the best thing you can do.

Regards,

Niklas
Total Posts: 18