The worlds first computer found in shipwreck.

09-05-2012 15:40
We all know how to use a computer, but who believed that tey existed 2000 years ago? The Antikythera Mechanism, a system of bronze gears from the 2nd century B.C., was used to calculate the date of the Olympic Games based on the summer solstice. Its mechanical complexity was unequalled for 1,000 years, until the cathedral clocks of the Middle Ages in Europe.

Professor Michael Edmunds of Cardiff University who led the most recent study of the mechanism said: "This device is just extraordinary, the only thing of its kind. The design is beautiful, the astronomy is exactly right. The way the mechanics are designed just makes your jaw drop. Whoever has done this has done it extremely carefully ... in terms of historic and scarcity value, I have to regard this mechanism as being more valuable than the Mona Lisa."

Read more here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism
Are you interested in making money? In that case, I think you should visit this site.
09-05-2012 15:44
Wow man, that's amazing !
Thanks for sharing !
Rephael - Get-Paid's Moderator.
--------------------------------------------
Click Here get redirected to our new FAQ's forum.
09-05-2012 16:06
But who taught the Greeks use the gear 1500 years before they showed up again on the cathedrals in Europe?
It's almost like finding a 500-year-old car....
Are you interested in making money? In that case, I think you should visit this site.
09-05-2012 17:22
I thought it was orange squeezer thing lol
For any doubts or questions don't hesitate to contact me.

• -GPChatDexter@yahoo.com

• -Username: ChatDexter

Get-Paid Moderator
10-05-2012 02:33
Wow man amazing post :)
10-05-2012 20:42
amazing post. 0.o ..
Even if the morrow is barren of promisesNothing shall forestall my return.To be the dew that quenches the land,To spare the sands, the seas, the skies.I offer thee this silent sacrifice.
Total Posts: 6